Information & application
You can apply in two ways:
- Download our Application Form (.pdf). After completing it, email it to us.
- Complete the online application set out below. We will contact you within 24 hours.
If you are applying for a student visa, we recommend you read:
- Bayside’s Pre-Enrolment Information for international students. Click here to download.
- Further information about Australia’s ESOS framework. Click here to read it.
The following terms and conditions apply to students who have or will be applying for a student visa to study at Bayside College
Applying for a Student Visa
- Find out your student visa requirements check your country’s Assessment level (AL) Download Assessment Level guide. www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/assessment-levels.pdf
- If you are applying from inside or outside of Australia: http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/chooser/index.htm
This is an agreement between the student whose name appears below and Bayside College Pty Ltd (trading as Bayside International English College). Once an enrolment is accepted by Bayside, the following terms and conditions become legally binding.
Refunds are made by cheque or electronic funds transfer to a nominated bank account.
Enrolment Fees are non-refundable.
If written cancellation is received 14 days prior to your arrival at the homestay a full refund of the Homestay Placement fee and unused weekly fees is available.
AIRPORT TRANSFER FEES
If written cancellation is received 2 days prior to airport transfer, a full refund of unused fees is available.
TUITION FEE REFUND POLICY CONDITIONS AND PROCESSES
Bayside reserves the right to cancel or postpone any courses prior to the scheduled commencement dates. If the course is postponed by more than four weeks, and if a student is unable to enrol in a similar course at Bayside, all fees will be refunded. The refund will be paid within 14 days of the scheduled course commencement date.
Full Fee Refund
Bayside will pay a full refund of tuition fees paid in the following circumstances:
- Application for a student visa is unsuccessful or a student’s visa renewal is refused. In this case, a request for refund in writing accompanied by proof of visa refusal from the Australian Government must be sent to Bayside. Full refund of tuition fees will be made within 14 days. Any Enrolment fee paid by the student will not be refunded.
- In the unlikely event that Bayside is unable to deliver a course on the agreed starting date or ceases to deliver the course before it is completed, in this case, a full refund of tuition fees will be paid. Payment of the refund will be made within 14 days of the specified starting date or from the time the course ceases to be delivered in accordance with the refund requirements of the ESOS Act 2000.
Partial Fee Refund
Bayside will pay a partial refund of tuition fees in the following circumstances:
If written notice of withdrawal is received from a student at least 28 days prior to the initial course commencement date, 60% of the tuition fees are refundable. All refunds, if approved, will be paid within 28 days of the date of withdrawal. Any Enrolment fee paid by the student will not be refunded.
No Fee Refund
Bayside will not pay a refund of tuition fees in the following circumstances:
- If written notice of withdrawal is received from a student less than 28 days prior to the initial course commencement or at any time after course commencement, no refund of tuition fees will be paid.
- Refunds of any monies received by Bayside on behalf of the student for services other than tuition fees must be requested from the company delivering the service and will be subject to the respective company’s refund policies.
- In the event that an extension to a student visa is not granted and the course has commenced, a refund will not be issued. The student is advised not to enrol if they believe their visa will not be extended.
- In the event that the student seeks and is granted approval by Bayside to transfer to another provider prior to completion of six months study of the principal course, no refund of any tuition fees paid in advance will be granted.
- In the event that the student’s enrolment is cancelled because of an infringement of Bayside’s Policies or breach of student visa conditions, no refund of any tuition fees paid in advance will be granted.
Requests for Refund of Tuition Fees
Application for a refund of tuition fees in accordance with this Refund Policy must be made in writing, using the Application for Refund form available from Student Services, stating reasons and relevant details. This must be submitted to the Director at Bayside College Pty Ltd, 55 Acland St, St Kilda Victoria 3182 or by email, with attached supporting documents to email@example.com.
All refunds must be approved by the Director. Exemptions to any of the above mentioned cases may only occur where the student has extenuating or compassionate grounds as determined by the Director.
Payment of Refund
All refunds for which a student is eligible will be forwarded to the person who paid the fees in his or her home country, unless the student is transferring to another provider in Australia, in which case, any refund may be remitted to that institution if the student requests this.
Bayside will be closed on all public holidays. A full week’s tuition is payable in weeks containing public holidays. Any specials applied to the original enrolment will take place at the end of the course.
Terms and Conditions (for students on or applying for a student visa)
- I have read and understand the terms of Bayside’s Refund Policy.
- I understand that the course contact hours are 20 hours per week of face-to-face classes.
- I understand that some courses require a pre requisite level of English language proficiency for entry. Course credit is not available for Bayside courses.
- I understand that I will be tested on or before the commencement of my course, and placed in an appropriate English language course.
- I understand I must be at least 18 years of age.
- I understand that I must complete all class work, assignments, activities and assessments in order to maintain satisfactory progress.
- I understand that I must attend at least 80% of my course, and that if I fail to do so, I may be reported to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).
- I understand that I must inform Bayside immediately if I change my address in Australia.
- I understand that I cannot change my college during the first six months of my course without a written letter of release from Bayside.
- I will not engage in unacceptable behavior and I will abide by the rules, policies and code of conduct advised by Bayside from time to time. I understand that Bayside may cancel the enrolment of any student whose conduct is unsatisfactory at the discretion of the Director whose decision is final. No fees will be refunded in such a case.
- I authorise Bayside to obtain medical treatment for me should such action be deemed necessary by Bayside or any staff member acting on behalf of Bayside and I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Bayside and its staff for any expense, loss or liability occasioned as a result of authorizing and arranging such medical treatment.
- I agree that my photo, quotes and details of achievements may be used for promotional purposes without written consent or notification.
- I understand that this Agreement and the availability of complaints and appeals processes does not remove the right of the student to take action under Australia’s consumer protection laws.
- I am aware that college age dependents accompanying me will be required to pay full fees at a private or government college in Australia.
- I understand that my personal information may be shared with the Australian Government, designated authorities, the Tuition Assurance Scheme, and the ESOS Assurance Fund Manager. This information may include personal and contact details, course enrolment details and changes, and circumstances of any suspected breach by the student of a student visa condition.
- I acknowledge that Bayside has the right to change its fees and conditions, cancel or defer courses, and to alter course timetables and class locations at any time without notice.